Please mark your calendars for events in Washington, DC and around the country.
State, federal and local and tribal officials meet with NGO’s, industry and stakeholder groups addressing invasive species to examine laws, policies and creative approaches to prevent and reduce invasive species threats to our health, economy, environment and natural resources including special places. Attend events in the US Capitol and in Washington, DC or host your own event that explores local problems and solutions to invasive species.
- Congressional Briefing: How invasive species threaten America’s special places
- Forum on the Politics of Invasion – are invasive species considered to be an important national and international issue?
- National Invasive Species Awards Ceremony
- Workshop: Legal and Policy Issues Containing Aquatic Invasive Species
- Congressional Reception with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies
- Invasive Species Advisory Committee – Public Meeting
- Presentation on the invasive potential of bio-energy feedstocks
- Kids Invasive Species Day at the US Botanic Garden
- Invasive Species on the Menu: Asian Carp Fish Fry
- Panel: Invasive Species Impacts on Transportation and Manufacturing
On March 6, 2013, the Wildlife Habitat Council will be leading a discussion, Invasive Species Are Important to Corporations, Too, which will focus on how corporate site managers and other experts have met their invasive species challenges and achieved their habitat conservation and place-based learning goals. This session will take place at the Sheraton Hotel Pentagon City (Hotel Ballroom) from 8:00 – 11:00 am.
In addition to the National Invasive Species Council – NISAW partners include: the Weed Science Society of America, the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies (AFWA), the Great Lakes Commission (GLC), the Center for Invasive Plant Management, the US Botanic Garden, the Aquatic Nuisance Species Task Force, the Federal Interagency Committee for the Management of Noxious and Exotic Weeds, the Federal Interagency Committee on Invasive Terrestrial Animals and Pathogens, as well as numerous federal, state and local officials and private nonprofit and business groups and individuals. Our partner organizations will also be sponsoring other events during the same week including: AFWA’s Teaming with Wildlife 2013 Fly-In Event in support of state and tribal wildlife plans; Great Lakes Day sponsored by the GLC, and other activities.
For more information, click here.