Vertac Superfund Site
Jacksonville, Arkansas, United States
Certified Silver through 2023
Bird Nesting Boxes
Wood Duck Box
Game Camera Monitoring
About the Program
Vertac Superfund Site is located in Jacksonville, Arkansas, approximately 15 miles Northeast of Little Rock. Unfortunately, this site was degredated over decades of use removing much of its habitat value to local wildlife. To help address this issue the team has restored several habitat areas and seeks to continuously improve utility of this site to wildlife species..
Practices and Impacts
- Team members actively monitor 2.7 acres of reforested urban area.
- Team members monitor 3 acres of natural growth forest.
- Team members continuously monitor the use of restored forests via game cameras.
- Team members have installed and regularly monitor nesting structures for cavity nesting passerines such as Eastern bluebirds
- Team members have installed and regularly monitor wood duck boxes
DEVELOPMENT OF THE WHC INDEX IS GENEROUSLY SUPPORTED BY