What makes a great bug hotel? WHC wanted to find out through last year’s Insect Hotel Challenge, our first ever international design and build contest for bug hotels. We received 41 entries from across the US, Mexico, Brazil, and as far away as Uzbekistan. The entries were judged on creativity and ingenuity, the use of found materials and the awareness of the designers of the habitat benefit to insects.
In this webinar, hear from the teams behind the winning hotels on how they developed their creative structures and implementation plans.
- The inspiration behind the creation of these award-winning bug hotels for native bees, lacewings, beetles, ladybugs, and other insects.
- How these projects enhance partnerships and strengthen conservation programs and community engagement
- Ideas for building a bug hotel of your own
- Tatiana Gil, General Motors São Caetano do Sul, Brazil
- Becky Azevedo, Technical Manager, Waste Management Guadalupe Landfill
- Thelma Redick, Senior Director of Conservation Content and Partnerships, Wildlife Habitat Council
What is an Insect Hotel?
Need a primer on insect hotels? Learn the basics through our on-demand webinar: Build a Bug Palace – Learn How Easy, Inexpensive Insect Hotels Can Enhance Your Habitat.