Art has the power to inspire, educate and provide new perspectives. In particular, art focused on nature not only teaches adults and children about wildlife, but also galvanizes audiences to take action for conservation. Telling stories about the value of nature through fine art or literature creates a strong connection between the audience and the environment, and inspires them to want to protect it.
In this webinar, we’ll hear from two nature artists about where they find their inspiration, how art and storytelling help people learn more about nature, and how depicting wildlife through art encourages conservation.
What you’ll learn:
- The connections between art and nature
- How art can encourage and inspire conservation efforts
- Ideas for incorporating art into educational or awareness activities
Who should take this webinar:
- Anyone interested in learning more about nature art
- Site teams that use educational activities with students and community members
- Rebekah Knight, wildlife artist
- Rebekah Lowell, author and illustrator