When you hear the word “nature,” what comes to mind? You may think of a tall, large rainforest…polar bears in the Arctic…lions in Africa…or maybe pandas in China. But nature is all around us, even in your own backyard or neighborhood park. To be a backyard scientist you don’t need special tools – just an inquisitive mind and an interest in the wonders of the plants and animals that live all around us.
Join WHC staff for an exciting online scavenger hunt and get tips on how to start your own nature adventure.
- How the power of observation can teach you new things about plants and animals.
- What a scientist actually does, and how to become a scientist (it’s easier than you think!)
- That biodiversity is everywhere if you know how to look for it.
Who should take this webinar:
- Kids in grades K-5
- This webinar is perfect for parents and kids to watch together!
- Rebecca Silvey, Wildlife Habitat Council