Director, Conservation Certification and Technology
Wildlife Habitat Council, an international NGO, working at the intersection of conservation and voluntary sustainability standards, is seeking a qualified individual for the newly created full-time position of Director, Conservation Certification and Technology, at its Silver Spring, MD headquarters.
The Director, Conservation Certification and Technology is a senior-level position responsible for a newly created department, formed to oversee and develop the soon to be launched Conservation Certification program.
This position is an exciting opportunity for a professional with experience in data engineering, process management and conservation planning to develop the nascent Conservation Certification program; protect the integrity of the standard as it grows and; implement and oversee a process of change management to govern to effort.
The Director, Conservation Certification and Technology reports to the President. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated experience in standards, data and processes with a background in conservation science or a related field.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Protection and Development of the new standard for corporate conservation
- Convening an oversight body to govern the new standard
- Developing a change management process for 2-year beta test period
- Maintaining radical transparency around standards governance and outcomes
- Growth and development of the associate online application platform
- Planning and budgeting development of the online application platform
- Working with software engineers to prioritize and build new features
- Creation and oversight of the certification application and review process
- Planning and budgeting for annual certification cycle
- Oversight of processes to ensure efficiency, transparency and consistency
Qualifications and requirements:
A qualified candidate will have a degree from an accredited university or higher and the following skills and experience:
- 7-10 years’ experience in conservation, data engineering or a standards-based organization
- A commitment to the act of conservation and a belief that every act matters
- Knowledge of best practices in standards and conservation
- Knowledge of the conservation community both in the USA and beyond
- Experience convening and facilitating multi-stakeholder engagements
- Be analytical, process driven and emotionally mature
- A commitment to a positive workplace culture is critical
- An ability to take complex, interwoven issues and present them in a clear and simple manner
For more information about the new standard, please read the President’s Blog.
- Please send one pdf file with a cover letter and resume containing salary requirement to Director of Finance and HR, Linda Duvall
- Deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. EDT Friday 18th September
- Applications received without salary expectations will not be considered.
The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer