Manager of Executive Operations
The Wildlife Habitat Council, an international NGO working at the intersection of conservation and corporate sustainability, is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of Manager of Executive Operations at its Silver Spring, MD headquarters.
The Manager of Executive Operations is a new position that represents an exciting opportunity for an individual to see firsthand how the executive office of a high impact non-profit functions and to play a key role in improving the offices’ effectiveness.
The Manager of Executive Operations is responsible for providing strategic and tactical support to the President and Senior Staff, as well as improving the overall operations of the organization. Reporting to the President, the qualified candidate will be organized, tech savvy, solution oriented and highly professional, with demonstrated experience in effective project management and management of internal processes that cross departments or functions. The Manager of Executive Operations will work with the existing Executive Assistant to meet the objectives of the position in a timely and accurate manner.
Annual Organizational Workflow Management
- Own critical annual organizational workflows including, but not limited to, goal setting, performance review management, employee survey, budgeting and annual planning.
- Lead operational initiatives and ongoing operational work streams, particularly those that cross functions, such as policy manual development and maintenance, and development and oversight of administrative activities.
- Initiate efforts to identify and streamline administrative work streams across the organization
- Initiate and drive staff engagement activities, staff retreats and communications of organizational changes to both central and remote offices.
- Oversee organization-wide hiring and recruitment efforts with specific responsibility for job postings, applicant tracking, interview scheduling and follow-up.
- Secure dates for board and committee meetings and prepare Board book materials to a very high level of accuracy for all meetings including collection of updated KPI from relevant staff.
- Maintain all board-related materials, logs of board attendance and terms, board make-up, by-law changes and adopted resolutions.
- Manage board and board committee meeting logistics, meeting flow, minute development and follow-up tracking.
- Maintain up to date list of board members, their contact details and their concurrence with board responsibilities like Conflict of Interest statements.
President Office Effectiveness
- Assume overall accountability for accuracy and effectiveness of critical administration activities. including those that support the President, senior staff and office operations.
- Coordinate President’s time including reports for signature, meeting requests, speaking engagements, etc.
- Coordinate monthly senior staff and all-staff meetings including agenda development, logistics, scheduling, facilitation and follow-up activity tracking.
- Increase the efficiency of President by anticipating needs and proactively prepping for upcoming meetings and events and tracking and implementing follow-up activities.
- Leverage strong project planning and management skills as well as process improvement abilities to lead / support projects on an as-needed basis across the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements. A qualified candidate will have a degree from an accredited university or higher, a minimum of three years relevant work experience and the following skills and experience:
- Superior project management skills with proven ability to deliver projects in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities.
- Highly detail oriented with ability to manage a significant volume of tasks and projects including strategic and tactical or administrative activities.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Dependable, accurate, proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and technologically engaged.
- Track record of taking ownership and initiative and creating clean solutions to complex organizational challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong professional relationships with diverse colleagues and accomplish tasks that cut across departments or functions.
- High level proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Knowledge of productivity Apps preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience managing staff preferred.
Please send a letter and resume (single PDF file) to Tiffany Johnson at email@example.com by January 8, 2015.
The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer