Please only submit resumes for posted positions.
Director of Communications & Marketing
Wildlife Habitat Council, an international NGO, working at the intersection of conservation and corporate sustainability, is seeking a qualified individual for the full-time position of Director of Communications & Marketing at its Silver Spring, MD headquarters.
The Director of Communications and Marketing is a senior-level position responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing a wide range of marketing strategies and communications tactics to both internal and external audiences.
The Director of Communications and Marketing reports to the President. The qualified candidate will have demonstrated experience in audience identification, message development and delivery, product launch and branding, as well as ongoing communications through new and established channels.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include:
• Develop a marketing plan for the organization to support ongoing and new programs and products and the overall brand of the organization.
• Create, refine and implement a cohesive message across the entire organization in support of its position as a unique actor that straddles both the conservation community and the corporate world.
• Work with WHC staff to identify new and existing audiences and messages to promote its unique position and brand.
• Work with staff to develop and implement high quality messages to broaden the reach and appeal of the annual conference.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of WHC’s content strategies across multiple delivery channels.
• Work with senior leadership team to launch a new conservation tool for corporations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
A qualified candidate will have a degree from an accredited university or higher and the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrated ability to plan and implement multifaceted marketing, communications and product launch plans.
• A minimum of five years marketing and communications experience with demonstrated success in planning and delivery.
• The ability to deliver content quickly, grasp new concepts easily, make decisions confidently and work efficiently within multiple teams.
• An understanding of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and other drivers of corporate engagement with conservation and the ability to deliver at speed, as required within this community of practice.
The organization currently retains highly skilled writers, engaged social media contributors and a wide array of consultants that offer technical and creative support. A new Director of Communications and Marketing will bring a structural framework to coordinate, enhance and magnify these efforts while actively participating in, and driving aspects of new product development with associated messaging and branding needs.
Please send one pdf file with a cover letter and resume containing salary requirement to email@example.com
The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer