The Program Assistant will work in the Silver Spring, MD office and report to the Director of Field Programs. S/he will be responsible for administrative and support tasks involving the program staff and special projects as assigned. The position works collaboratively with fellow biologists, directors and managers. The position is a temporary assignment through October 2015, under a 32 hr /week schedule remunerated at $12/hr.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Support Director and program staff through administrative processes related to time keeping, contracts, billing and travel.
- Coordinate meeting logistics and note taking.
- Organizes advisory committee meetings and participates in outcomes.
- Handles special assignments, including regular interaction with members, preparing information for the board such as KPIs and maps, and other duties.
- Fields incoming calls and reception emails.
- Assists report production, wildlife management plans, topic research and certification support as needed.
- Leads the development of briefing/information materials for the Director of Programs including presentations, letters, and other information.
- Acts as a central collection point for project management requests and tracking
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skill and abilities:
Employee must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail.
Proficiency in computer usage, which must include MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point).
Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Ability to work in ArcGIS, and other mapping software or experience in design and layouts.
Undergraduate degree in a natural science field, or a related field.
Prior experience working in an office setting.
Please submit cover letter, one writing sample, and résumé to email@example.com by April 30th, 2015. The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer