Please only submit resumes for posted positions.
The following positions are open:
2014 Wildlife Habitat Council Certification Assistant
The Certification Assistant reports to the Certification Manager and provides vital assistance and support to the Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) Certification Department. The position is based in the Silver Spring, MD office. This is a temporary position. The Certification Assistant should be available for approximately 3-5 months between May and November, 40 hours per week. Schedule and duration are flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer questions regarding Wildlife at Workand Corporate Lands for Learning certification and award applications via the phone and email;
- Review and evaluate applicants’ certification applications, including wildlife management plans and/or conservation education management plans;
- Verify that all required documents are included in application submissions;
- Update MS Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis;
- Become proficient with WHC’s database and update information as needed;
- Write and proofread press releases;
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, graduate degree, or credits towards a degree in wildlife biology, biology, animal science, plant science, natural resources, geography, conservation education, or related field preferred
- Proficiency in computer programs, including MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Conservation education experience is highly regarded, but not necessary
- ArcGIS experience is highly regarded, but not necessary
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent customer service skills
This is a paid temporary position
WHC can work with universities/colleges if credits are desired
Please submit a cover letter, short writing sample related to this position, and resume to email@example.com.
The Wildlife Habitat Council Is An Equal Opportunity Employer