The Five Star and Urban Waters Restoration Program seeks to develop nationwide community stewardship of local natural resources, focusing on the stewardship and restoration of coastal, wetland and riparian ecosystems across the country. Projects funded under this program seek to address water quality issues in priority watersheds, such as erosion due of unstable streambanks, pollution from stormwater runoff, and degraded shorelines. A key aspect of this program is the development of partnerships, which can include NGOs, government agencies, educational institutions, and even businesses.
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- What the Five Star and Urban Waters Restoration Grant is
- The typical characteristics of projects that are funded through the program
- How companies can work together with other partners to develop and implement projects under the program, using case studies of projects submitted in recent years
- Thelma Redick, Senior Director, Conservation Content and Partnerships, Wildlife Habitat Council
- Carrie Clingan, Program Director, Community Stewardship and Youth, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation